The DSP tab contains tests that identify why a buyer might not be bidding on a deal.
The top section informs you whether Index Exchange has sent bid requests to the DSP in the last seven days for your deal. If we haven’t, there is a potential problem with the deal setup. Review the diagnostic tests in the Deal Setup tab.
The following section lets you know if bid responses from the DSP were detected. In either section, if the test passes, a sample bid request/response can be downloaded and viewed.
If we are actively sending bid requests to the DSP and bid responses were not found, you can run some follow-up tests.
To conduct the follow-up tests, click Run All Tests. These tests send real bid requests that have been modified in order to help discover why the DSP is not responding to your deal. The follow-up tests isolate the following known trouble spots and indicate if a bid response was received by marking the test as failed.
- The deal is competing with too many other deals: bid requests for your ad slots may be eligible for multiple deals. This test checks if the DSP is always prioritizing other deals over and above the deal you are diagnosing.
- The DSP has blacklisted the web properties assigned to this deal: checks if the DSP has unintentionally blocked the web domain(s) used for your deal.
- Deal is setup with a CPM floor that is higher than the buyer expects: checks if the deal rate (CPM) is higher than a rate ceiling or limit that the DSP might have imposed.
- The DSP has secure protocol (HTTPS) targeting that is different from your deal setup: checks if the DSP has blocked secure or non-secure web domains used for your deal.
- The DSP has ad size targeting that is different from your deal setup: checks if there is ad size targeting that is preventing the DSP from responding. The problem may be within ad size targeting in your Deal Section or at the DSP.
- The DSP has geographical targeting that is different from your deal setup: checks if there is geographical targeting that is preventing the DSP from responding. The problem may be within geographical targeting in your Deal Section or at the DSP.