The Deal Campaigns tab lists all campaigns that are bidding on the deal you diagnose. Campaigns that cannot spend currently are listed at the top. Each column is sortable. Look for the ^ symbol that indicates which column is currently being sorted. You can search the entire table using the search box.
- In the Campaign Name column, click the campaign name to view campaign attributes such as creation date, advertiser brand, industry, content groups, buyer seat ID and the creative type.
- If the campaign is waiting to be reviewed by our quality control department, it is listed as Yes in the Pending Quality Review column. For more details, click Yes to see the date and time that the campaign was created.
- If the ad quality team has decided that the content of the campaign is unacceptable to run on Index Exchange, it is listed as Yes in the Rejected for Quality column. To view the rejection reasons, click Yes.
- If the campaign is not pending quality review or rejected but has been paused, then it appears as Yes in the Paused column.
- If the campaign cannot spend because of a block you have set up in the Campaign Setting screen (Controls > Demand > Campaign Settings), it is listed as Yes in the Blocked column. To view the reason for the block, click Yes.
- In the Actions column, you can manually override campaign settings that are blocking campaigns. To manually unblock a campaign, click .
- In the Actions column, to preview the creatives bidding under a campaign, click .
Note: We rely on DSPs to host sample creatives. Occasionally they are not available from the DSP so they appear as blank white boxes.