To help you optimize your private marketplace activity, we have created a tool that helps you diagnose why a deal might not be transacting. The Deal Diagnostics tool is designed to help identify the various points in a deal transaction flow where obstacles might prevent deal spend. The Deal Diagnostics tool pinpoints whether a deal is sending bid requests, receiving bid responses, and also that it is winning impressions in your ad server.
- To access Deal Diagnostics, go to Controls > Private Exchange > Deals.
- To diagnose a deal from the Deals screen, click in the Actions column.
- The Diagnose Deal screen displays. From here you can access the Deal Diagnostics, which are organized into the following groups of tabs:
- Deal Setup – runs a group of deal setup tests to ensure that there are no problems with how you set up the deal.
- DSP – helps you to understand what could be wrong with the deal that might prevent a buyer (demand-side platform) bidding on it.
- Campaigns – lists all the campaigns that are bidding on the deal, highlighting which ones are not able to spend due to a particular problem. This list can be empty if no campaigns were found because the buyer is not bidding.
- GAM – takes insights from your Google Ad Manager (GAM, formerly DFP) ad server for deals that have key-value pairs on dedicated line items. These scans only work for deals that are placed on dedicated line items with key-value pairs.