The GAM tab under Optional Scans serves to connect you to your Google Ad Manager (GAM, formerly DFP) ad server. These scans will only work if you have created a dedicated line item using a key-value pair for the deal to give it elevated priority. If a key-value pair is not found, the scans will not be able to provide results.
You can also view a key value loss report. This report lists the specific GAM line items that the selected deal always lost to yesterday. Click Download Report to generate and download a .csv file that contains information under the following headings:
- Date of Transaction
- IX Deal Key Name and Value
- Lost to Advertiser
- With Line Item Rate
- With Line Item Priority Type
- With Line Item Priority Level
- With Line Item ID
- With Line Item Name
- Number of Deal Losses to this Line Item
Lastly, for line items targeted with “IPM” somewhere in the key name, the 7-day Win Rate will be calculated and display the following values:
- Opportunities Targeted: The number of times an ad opportunity was targeted by the deal.
- Impressions Won: The number of times an ad opportunity was targeted by the deal and won the impression.
- The GAM win rate of the deal as a percentage, which is calculated by dividing Impressions Won by Opportunities Targeted.
- You must log in to GAM to authorize Deal Diagnostics to retrieve the information.
- A key-value pair on a dedicated line item is not necessary for a deal to be able to transact in GAM. If one was not created, the deal will compete on price with existing open market line items.
- Your login credentials are approved directly by GAM and, for your convenience, stored on your computer only to prevent you from having to log in again when you diagnose another deal.
- GAMhas a large quantity of information and, for quick results, Index Exchange (IX) only detects dedicated deal-related line items that were created in the previous three months from the current date and also have “IX” or “Index” in the name of the order that contains the line item. If found, the attributes of the line items are displayed, as well as impressions for those line items.