GAM Manual Wrapper
True to its name, this solution was built to allow your site to integrate with Google Ad Manager (GAM, formerly DFP) in a manner that provides you with a high level of configurability. While it isn’t quite as hands-free as the GAM Standard Wrapper, most of the technical stuff still happens behind-the-scenes.
THIS SOLUTION WAS BUILT FOR YOU IF...
- You want to use GAM in tandem with IX, without prioritizing either platform
- You want to control the final ad call to GAM
- You’re comfortable with a slightly more advanced technical setup
GAM Manual Wrapper competes with GAM on a level playing field: the timelines and bids are 100% even. It’s a fair race to the finish line – who will win? (Spoiler alert: it’s us. And, ultimately you.)
HOW THIS SOLUTION WORKS, UNDER THE HOOD
- Your site initiates the final call to GAM and delivers the demand retrieved by the Header Tag Wrapper to GAM.
Note: You control the GAM ad call. Therefore, you can set up other actions to occur before making the final call. With GAM Manual, you're in control.
- GAM completes a final auction and selects a winning line item. If the line item corresponds to a header bidding adapter, the Wrapper communicates with the creative and injects the appropriate ad into the correct slot on your site.