Matching users using Merkle
Merkle's M1 graph is an identity graph available to select publishers who have a commercial agreement with Merkle and use the IX Library. The M1 graph uses elements of the Real Time Identity (RTI) framework to facilitate audience-based buying using people-based identifiers, M1 IDs, in private marketplace deals exclusively for agencies under the Dentsu Aegis Network.
At Index Exchange (IX), select publishers can enable the M1 RTI adapter to match users using the M1 ID, which enables a deal request for a corresponding audience segment.
As a publisher, you can see the following benefits with the M1 RTI adapter:
- Access to exclusive deals with buyers in the Dentsu Aegis Network using your own data and technology to complete audience-based transactions for buyers.
- Access to audience-based deals that usually have higher price points, resulting in higher CPMs and revenue for publishers.
- Ability to generate higher bid density as more users are identified using the M1 ID.
For more information on enabling the M1 RTI adapter, see Enable an RTI provider in the IX Library.
As a buyer in the Dentsu Aegis Network, you can see the following benefits when transacting on M1 deals:
- Ability to purchase custom audiences through premium publisher inventory.
- Since IX and Merkle ingest users in real-time, more environments will be covered, providing you with more eligible deals across a publisher's inventory.
- Improved performance and scale for deals powered by M1 IDs that are considerably less fragile than cookie-based IDs.
- Ability to send personalized ads for users across different devices and environments using the M1 ID.
For more information on how buyers can set up an M1 deal, see Set up an M1 deal.