Enable privacy regulation support in the IX Library
- Contact your IX Representative. Indicate the Consent Management Platform (CMP) vendor you’ve selected and forward all technical documentation you’ve received.
- Enable the Privacy Settings section in the IX app:
Enter your email address and password to log in to the IX App at app.indexexchange.com.
Make sure that you have an email address associated with your IX account. This is configured at the time of integration. If you did not configure your email address, contact your IX Representative.
- If you are a first time user, you will need to reset your password. For more information, see Reset your IX App password.
- In the IX App, go to IX Library.
- Locate your IX Library configuration and click the Edit icon.
- Scroll down to the Privacy Settings section and switch the toggle ON.
- Configure the Timeout (ms) field. This tells the IX Library to wait (for a specified amount of time) while the user is interacting with the CMP. It’s separate from your existing IX Library timeout, and any time entered here is added on to the Global Timeout.
To check the IX Library timeout, scroll up to the New Configuration section and check the Global Timeout (ms) field.
- Configure the GDPR applies by default? field. Select the default
gdprAppliesvalue to share with adapters in the event your CMP fails to respond in time. If you select Yes, all downstream partners in the IX Library will receive a signal indicating that GDPR applies in scenarios when the CMP does not respond.
- Save the settings in the IX App:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- Optionally, click Launch Staging to test the changes in a staging environment.
- Click Launch Production.
- If it's a CMP vendor that has never been integrated with Index Exchange (IX) before, your IX Representative will help you validate it to confirm everything is working correctly.