Enable Index as a demand partner in Google Open Bidding
Publishers can access Index Exchange (Index)'s omnichannel demand by enabling Index in Google Ad Manager and AdMob.
Before you begin:
- If you do not have access to Open Bidding with Google, contact your Google account manager.
- You must have a Google Ad Manager or AdMob account.
Contact Index to begin the integration process. An Index Representative performs a technical assessment of the integration and verifies that it meets the requirements.
After the assessment is complete and approved, Index completes the following for you:
- Index creates a new Index account and maps your inventory to SiteIDs.
- Index creates a new ads.txt and app-ads.txt entry for the web and app inventory that you want to sell and provides this information to you.
You must add the ads.txt and app-ads.txt entry that you have received from Index as follows:
- Add the ads.txt entry in the root of the website domain whose inventory you are selling. To learn about the ads.txt file and format, see Google Ad Manager's documentation on Host an ads.txt/app-ads.txt file.
- Add the app-ads.txt entry in the root of the domain associated with the app whose inventory you are selling. To learn about the app-ads.txt file and format, see Google Ad Manager's documentation on Host an ads.txt/app-ads.txt file.
Depending on whether you are using AdMob or Google Ad Manager, follow one of these steps:
- If you are using AdMob, you must enable Index Exchange for mediation in the AdMob UI. To learn about AdMob mediation, see Google AdMob Help documentation on Overview of AdMob mediation.
- If you are using Google Ad Manager, add Index as a yield partner in Google Ad Manager to specify the inventory that you want to sell. To learn how to add Index as a yield partner, see Google Ad Manager's documentation on Add third-party yield partners to a yield group.
After you have updated the app-ads.txt file and completed the Google Ad Manager or AdMob set up, Index runs a health check to make sure that any discrepancies are minimal.
- Your integration is moved to production.