Create a new deal
Before you begin: Create a deal section.
Enter your email address and password to log in to the IX App at app.indexexchange.com.
Make sure that you have an email address associated with your IX account. This is configured at the time of integration. If you did not configure your email address, contact your IX Representative.
- If you are a first time user, you will need to reset your password. For more information, see Reset your IX App password.
- In the IX App, to Private Market > Deals.
- Click Create New Deal.
In the Name field, enter a name for the deal.
In the DSP drop-down list, select the corresponding DSP for this deal.
In the Deal Type drop-down list, select one of the following options:
One to One
Choose this option in the following situations:
- One buyer is using this deal and you want to create a new campaign for each new brand using this Deal ID.
- The deal is specific to one campaign.
- You're skipping the human review process. For example, to get the campaign live quickly or to avoid a potential campaign block.
- You don't want to block both open market and private bids when disabling a campaign.
One to Many
Choose this option if multiple buyers are using the deal. For example, deals negotiated with managed DSPs such as Quantcast, or with buying agencies such as GroupM that have multiple brands tied to the same Buyer Seat ID.
In the Deal ID field, choose one of the following:
Enter a unique identifier manually. Deal IDs can only contain letters, numbers, and dashes and cannot start with a zero or contain spaces.
- To create a Deal ID automatically, click Generate Deal ID.
Enter a Start Date and End Date to specify the duration of the deal.
In the Auction Type drop-down, choose one of the following:
Bidders clear at the winning bid price. If you are running a first-price open market auction, we recommend using a First Price auction type to be competitive.
Bidders clear at the second-highest bid price plus one penny.
Bidders clear only at the fixed price and bids higher than the fixed rate are reduced. If you and the buyer have specific deal terms for impressions or budget that are tied to a specific rate, we recommend using the Fixed CPM auction type.
In the Deal Priority drop-down list, select a number to specify this deal's priority in the deal section. The deal priority only applies to the auction that takes place within IX where you can adjust which deal you prefer to win over another deal. This priority does not impact the deal priority in your ad server (for example, Google Ad Manager). We recommend setting the deal priority to 5, unless this deal is competing with another deal. For more information on how deals may be competing with one another within a deal section, see View traffic statistics and how deals share inventory.
In the Floor Rate (USD$) field, specify the minimum gross CPM rate that DSPs can bid for impressions.
To make Deal Section selections, complete the following steps for each inventory/targeting:
In the Options section, highlight an inventory or targeting requirement to activate this deal.
Click the arrow icon to move the site tag to the Selections list.
- For the Competes with Open Market option, choose one of the following:
To allow open market bids to potentially outbid this deal, set this option to ON. Use this option for deals without a budget or flight.
- To prevent open market bids from outbidding this deal, set this option to OFF.
- For the Payout option, choose one of the following:
If there is no special billing set, set this option to ON.
- If there is a contract that allows for special billing where IX does not pay the publisher or bill the DSP, set this option to OFF.
Note: The payout option is only used for special programs within IX. For more information about switching the payout option, contact your IX Representative.
- For the Discount option, choose one of the following:
To set a discount percentage negotiated with the buyer, set this option to ON and then enter the discount percentage between 1-99.9 in the Discount % field (for example, 10.5%).
Note: Sellers with an Open Bidding or server-to-server integration cannot set a discount and do not see this option.
- If you do not want to set a discount, set this option to OFF.
- For the Human Verification and Campaign Blocking option, choose one of the following:
If you want the Ad Quality team to review all new creatives before they compete in an auction against any brand, industry, DSP, or other blocks set in your campaign settings (Controls > Inventory > Campaign Settings), set this option to ON.
- If you want creatives that are bidding in this deal to only undergo an automated malicious threat scan, set this option to OFF.
If provided by the buyer, enter a value for the Buyer Seat ID field and then click Add buyer ID to this deal. The Buyer Seat ID (also known as a Trading Desk ID) field limits which buyer(s) can bid on this deal.
- If you want to create the deal and immediately start the creation of another new deal that closely resembles the deal that you just created, select the Clone this deal checkbox
- Click Create.
After you finish: Share the deal ID with your buyer so that they can respond to our bid requests.